and Winter Feisanna
Grades 1 - 10 Offered
Friday Nights 6pm - 9:30pm on stage 4
Saturday Night Immediately following Feis Competitions
Each Feis will have a different Examiner
September Feis Judge - Lisa Petri
December Feis Judge - Patricia Kennelly
Check in at the registration area for any changes
Cost - $35 per exam for grades 1 - 3
$50 per exam for grades 4 - 6
$70 per exam for grades 7-9
$95 for grade 10
Mail payments with all required info;
Name, DOB, email, dance school, cell phone #,
grade exams you would like to take, places and dates of any exams already
passed with examiners name, day you would like to take the exam (Friday or Saturday,
September or December). Grades will be filled on a first-come,
first-served basis. Once an exam is filled, you will be offered the
remaining day or refunded your fees.
921 Bayridge Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15226
Make Check Payable to: "Irish Centre of
All exams must be taken in order. If you
have not taken any exams yet, you must take exam #1 first. You may take a
maximum of 3 exams. Reports of previous examinations must be presented at
Rules & Regulations
1. Only Basic Steps may be danced in the Preliminary grade and Grades 1, 2 &
2. The number of bars of music to be danced to for all Reels, Single or Hop
Jigs Light Jigs, Slip Jigs, Heavy Jigs and Hornpipes is 40.
3. St. Patrick’s Day, Blackbird, Garden of Daisies, Job of Journeywork, King
of the Fairies, Three Sea Captains, and Jockey to the Fair must be performed
in a traditional style and manner.
4. The same set dance must not be performed in more than one of the Grades
from 9 to 12 inclusive.
5. A dancer must take all grades in order, beginning with Grade 1 - the
Preliminary grade is optional. However, a candidate may only attempt a
maximum of 3 consecutive Grades at any one sitting.
6. Candidates must be able to adequately demonstrate practical and
theoretical knowledge of all ceili dances as per “Ár Rincí Céilí ” as
specified in the syllabus for Grades 5 -12 inclusive.
7. Dance costumes should not be worn.
8. All candidates must produce previous reports before proceeding to higher
grades. Reports must be presented at examinations.
9. Grade 11 may only be attempted by candidates at least 16 years of age.
10. Grade 12 may only be attempted by candidates at least 17 years of age.
11. A special application form and certificate/diploma will apply for Grades
12. All 12 Grade Examinations must be completed to be eligible to apply for
the TCRG Examination effective from January 1st 2018.
13. Scrúdú Béil (Oral Irish Exam) for grades 1-4 in Ireland.
14. Dancers taking the exams must be associated with a currently registered
Irish Centre of Pittsburgh